Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack
The Zero FXS features a fully modular power pack system. With slots for two power packs, you can operate the Zero FXS with either one or both slots filled. The modules can be charged either on the motorcycle or elsewhere using optional accessories, giving you the ability to charge without a street-level outlet.
The Zero FXS can be purchased with either one module (ZF3.3) or two modules (ZF6.5).
- Fully modular Z-Force® quick-swap technology allows you to swap power packs in seconds. You can also upgrade your motorcycle’s max capacity from 3.3 kWh to 6.5 kWh
- Note: Adding a second power pack may require an update of the vehicle’s registration documents. Please check with your local vehicle approval authority for details
- State-of-the-art power pack configuration and cell chemistry
- Cells last 2,500 full charge-discharge cycles before hitting 80% capacity, yielding as much as 203,000 miles on the original power pack
- Highest energy density in the electric vehicle industry
- Isolated power systems and 12 V system for running accessories
- Modules can be fully removed from the motorcycle and transported to charge anywhere (this requires the purchase of a stand-alone Quick Charger and the Power Pack Module Charging Adapter)
- Module locking system for increased security and peace of mind
- Scalable off-board charging options available to reduce recharge times (see specs for details)
Revolutionary Z-Force® IPM Motor
Thrilling acceleration with 70 ft-lb of torque
At the heart of the Zero FXS powertrain is a highly efficient and robust motor. The patent-pending Z-Force® interior permanent magnet (IPM) design cools rapidly and offers Zero’s highest thermal capability. This significantly improves performance during hard riding and allows higher sustained top speeds. As with all Z-Force® motors, the IPM design is light, compact and powerful and requires no regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
Frame and Bodywork
Light Aircraft-Grade Aluminum
At the core of the Zero FXS lies a handcrafted aircraft-grade aluminum frame that Zero engineered from the ground up. Its combination of lower weight and higher strength means more responsiveness. In the corners and off the line, this translates into greater acceleration. For added durability, each frame is shot-peened and anodized.
Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
- Exceptionally smooth action for improved comfort and control
- Fully adjustable settings to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders
- Hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight
- Durable and highly protective fork guards
- Developed in close collaboration with Showa
Bosch Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
The Zero FXS features an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance.
- Advanced Bosch ABS is standard
- ABS can be switched on or off depending on rider preference
- Incredibly smooth actuation for improved control under extreme braking
- Refined hydraulic ratios improve braking power and modulation
Wheels and Tires
Hold your line.
Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero FXS, providing improved traction in a wide variety of conditions and excellent road feel. The Zero FXS alloy wheels are designed to reduce unsprung weight while not compromising on strength.
Direct Drive Gearing
Instant torque with a twist
Featuring a clutchless direct drive, the Zero FXS is geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. Without ever needing to shift, the Zero FXS provides controlled and powerful acceleration at any speed between 0-80 mph. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain maintenance-free.
Dash and Controls
The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- High-contrast blue backlit LCD screen features data that allows you to better understand your state of charge, see your current riding profile and view other useful riding information
- Ergonomic right-hand switch assembly with integrated switch to toggle on the fly between Sport, Eco and Custom riding modes
- Custom riding mode setting allows you to set your own performance profile (custom mode performance profile must be configured within the Zero Motorcycles App)
- Projector beam headlights and integrated fly screen provide a refined and contemporary front profile
Zero Motorcycles App
Get your Motorcycle Dialed
Using the Zero Motorcycles App, you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices.