2013 Zero S & Zero DS Warranty Information
Zero Motorcycles Inc. expressly warrants all 2013 Zero manufactured S and DS models from defects in material and workmanship to the original owner, under normal operating conditions and according to proper use, for 2 years (unlimited miles) from the “In Service Date,” which is the date your Zero Motorcycles dealer performed a Pre-Delivery Inspection (P.D.I) on the Zero.
These warranties are transferable and subject to a $50 processing fee and a new registration card to subsequent owners.
The standard warranty covers parts, standard shipping and labor for all major components, defined herein as including the motor, motor controller, power pack, frame, swingarm, fork, rear shock, brake assemblies, wheels, and electrical sub-assemblies.
This warranty covers Zero manufactured accessories installed at the time of purchase.
- This warranty does not apply to tire wear, sprocket and belt condition, brake pads or rotors, fork seals, grips, foot pegs, the seat, or any other parts subject to normal wear and tear. Wheels are excluded from this standard warranty on off-road bikes once they have been ridden.
- This standard warranty excludes aftermarket accessory kits which may be subject to their own warranties.
- This standard warranty excludes parts and components damaged by use or operation under abnormal circumstances or contrary to the requirements described in the owner’s manual, or damaged by improper use or accidents.
- Racing or competitive use voids this warranty.
- Modifications or alterations to major components of the manufacturer’s original product or its sub-components void all warranties. Zero Motorcycles Inc. assumes no liability for any misuse or improper operation of Zero motorcycles.
- Under this limited warranty and liability agreement, Zero Motorcycles Inc. shall have no obligation and the purchaser shall have no remedy against Zero Motorcycles Inc. and its officers and/or agents for any damages, including but not limited to incidental, consequential, special, punitive damages arising from direct or indirect injury to person or property, or any other loss, whether or not occasioned by negligence or otherwise on the part of Zero Motorcycles Inc.
The purchaser acknowledges that there is an inherent risk in the operation of Zero motorcycles and all other Zero Motorcycles Inc. products, and herewith assumes liability for any injury arising from all operation of any Zero Motorcycles Inc. product. The original registered owner or subsequent registered transferee as documented on the Zero motorcycle warranty registration form will indemnify and hold Zero Motorcycles Inc. harmless and take full responsibility for conveying all safety warnings, instructions and limited warranty if the unit is sold, loaned or otherwise transferred to other persons, and will indemnify Zero Motorcycles Inc. from any claims against it for the original owner’s failure to do so.
- Zero Motorcycles Inc. does not assume or authorize anyone to assume for them any other obligation. Some states, provinces, or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Zero Motorcycles Inc. assumes no responsibility for incidental, consequential or other damages including but not limited to: expense of returning the Zero product to a certified service center, expense of delivering it back to the owner, mechanic’s travel, time, communication charges, rental of a like product during the time the warranty service is being performed, travel, loss or damage to personal property, loss of revenue, loss of use of the product, loss of time, or inconvenience. Some states, provinces, or countries do not allow limitations so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Zero Motorcycles Inc. reserves the right to change or improve the design of any electric motorcycle product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured.
- These warranties give you specific legal rights, and you also have other rights, which vary from state to state, province to province, and country to country.
- These warranties apply to all Zero products manufactured by Zero Motorcycles Inc.
- Normal operating conditions require routine care and maintenance by the purchaser of the Zero Motorcycles Inc. electric motorcycle and power pack.
For the purposes of these warranties, ‘proper use’ means only the use of a motorcycle in the manner intended with proper safety equipment as described in the Owner’s Manual in accordance with local regulations. ‘Proper use’ also means charging the Power Pack after each use and storing it in a fully charged state, or recharging it every 30 days, or keeping it on the charger when in storage or out of regular use.
- Read and understand the Owner’s Manual and all product warnings before operating your Zero Motorcycles Inc. electric motorcycle. Serious injury or death may result from improper operation or failure to observe warnings and safety instructions on any motorized motorcycle or vehicle.
- Submit the warranty registration card for your Zero motorcycle within the required time period as printed on the registration card.
- Perform routine care and maintenance of your Zero Motorcycles Inc. electric motorcycle and power pack as detailed in the Owner’s Manual.
- The rider is responsible for learning and obeying all federal, state, province, country, and local laws governing the operations of an electric motorcycle.
- Always wear a helmet, goggles, appropriate boots, and all other appropriate safety equipment when operating a motorcycle.
Warranty services may be obtained by contacting your local Zero Motorcycles dealer. Please refer to the dealer locator on our website (www.zeromotorcycles.com/ca/locator) for your nearest location.
In the event that a dealer is not in your state, province, or country, you can contact Zero Motorcycles Inc. directly at (888) 786-9376 (North America, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific Time) or +31 (0) 72 5112014 (UK,Europe, and global markets) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In any written or telephonic communication, please state the specific nature of any circumstances leading to the problem and include the VIN and odometer reading.
Zero Motorcycles Inc.
380 El Pueblo Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
UK, Europe, and global markets
Zero Motorcycles Europe
Alkmaar, Noord Holland 1812RR
(U.S. and International Patents and Trademarks Pending)
Phone: (888) 786-9376
8am to 5pm Pacific Time
UK, Europe, and global markets
Phone: +31 (0) 72 5112014
For updates and additional information about your motorcycle, visit the owner resources section of Zero Motorcycles website: www.zeromotorcycles.com/ca/owner-resources