Game Changing Z-Force™ Power Pack
The Zero MX features the world’s first truly modular power pack system. With slots for two power packs, you can operate the Zero MX with either one or both slots filled. The modules charge using a standalone charger to reduce weight.
The Zero MX can be purchased with either one module (ZF2.8) or two modules (ZF5.7). Compatible with the Zero FX and Zero XU, the modules can be swapped between any one of the three motorcycles.
- World’s first fully modular Z-Force™ quick-swap technology allows you to easily upgrade from 2.8 kWh (max) to 5.7kWh (max) in seconds
- State of the art new power pack configuration and cell chemistry
- Cells last 2,500 full charge-discharge cycles before hitting 80% capacity
- Modules can be fully removed from the motorcycle and transported to charge anywhere
- Modules can be used interchangeably with the Zero XU and Zero FX
- Module locking system for increased security and peace of mind
- Quick-charge and CHAdeMO compatible
Revolutionary Z-Force™ Motor
68 ft-lbs, up to 54 hp… and incredibly efficient
Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force™ motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. It provides you with instant acceleration to a top speed of 85 mph. Completely air cooled, the motor is designed to provide a fantastic riding experience minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
Plug in at any standard outlet
The Zero MX uses a standalone charger that can be plugged in at any standard outlet. No additional equipment is required for standard charging and the system allows you to conveniently charge the modules either on or off the motorcycle. The Zero MX is compatible with both CHAdeMO and quick-charge systems.
Frame and Bodywork
Light Aircraft Grade Aluminum
At the core of the Zero MX lies the ultimate dirt bike frame that Zero engineered from the ground up and hand crafted using aircraft grade aluminum. The resulting combination of lower weight and higher strength means more responsiveness. In the turns and off the line this translates into greater acceleration. To make the frame even more durable each one is shot-peened and anodized.
Suspension and handling
The Zero MX uses a refined suspension system to absorb aggressive terrain on the track. Taking advantage of the motorcycle’s low weight, the inverted front fork is robust, light and responsive. Riders can quickly dial it in using the externally adjustable compression and rebound damping. On the rear, a rigid double diamond swing arm keeps the wheel planted using a specially developed rear shock with a fully adjustable spring preload and easily tuned damping.
- Carefully tuned, balanced and improved suspension system:
- Specially tuned for the track and trail
- Robust triple-clamps for improved bearing pre-loading and durability
- Steel stanchions for increased strength, rigidity and control
- Front adjustments: Compression and rebound damping
- Rear adjustments: Spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Refined contact points:
- Aggressive saw tooth profile footpegs to maintain foot position and control
- Standardized footpeg clevis for greater aftermarket options
- Handlebars with adjustable risers
- Ergonomic riding position for better control
- Comfortable seat to accommodate longer rides
Because you’ll be going faster through the turns and riding harder with instant torque at any RPM, the Zero MX features robust stopping power and a precise brake feel.
- Nissin brakes are precise, easy to modulate and require little effort
- Powerful and high performance braking system
- Increased fade resistance
- Steel braided lines for improved lever feel and precise brake modulation
- Greater commonality using standard-size mount patterns
Wheels and Tires
Hook Up in the Turns
The Zero MX alloy wheels are designed to reduce unsprung weight while not compromising on strength. During acceleration instant torque is efficiently channeled into the dirt through a beefy rear tire and directed using an equally aggressive front.
Gearing and Chain
Durability and New Aftermarket Options
To accommodate the Zero MX’s increased traction and ability to accelerate in the dirt Zero uses a hardened steel 520 chain along with durable direct drive gearing. The result is a stronger and longer lasting drivetrain that puts the power from the throttle directly into the dirt.
A quick look tells you everything you need to know when reading the Zero MX’s simple and durable instrument panel. Connecting the dash to the heart of the motorcycle is a robust wiring system that is designed to increase electrical system longevity. With a motorcycle this desirable, you’ll also be reassured to know that it comes with an integrated keyed ignition switch and steering lock.
- Sleek, small and refined “dash” that was designed specifically for the Zero MX
- Easy access to gauges and switches – ‘quick look’ instrumentation
- “Armed” light for increased awareness and safety
- Keyed ignition switch and steering lock that offers improved security and peace of mind
- Exceptionally accurate state of charge indicator
Zero Motorcycles App
Get your Motorcycle Dialed
Using the new Zero Motorcycles app you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked the app allows you to set custom parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices.