Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack
The Zero S and Zero SR feature advanced cell chemistry and battery management systems that provide greater capacity and range. Not only does the ZF13.0 power pack enable you to go up to 317 km, it is also designed to last the life of the motorcycle. The result of cutting-edge research and development, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled and monitored to ensure maximum health.
- Available in two configurations: ZF9.8 (195 km) and ZF13.0 (259 km)
- Compatible with the Power Tank accessory which adds 2.8 kWh of power pack capacity for a city range of up to 317 km
- State-of-the-art 102 V power pack configurations and cell chemistry
- Cells last 2,500 full charge/discharge cycles before hitting 80% capacity, yielding as much as 583,000 km on the original power pack
- Highest energy density in the electric vehicle industry yields significant range and performance advantages
- Elegant low resistance and highly robust cell interconnect technology
- Advanced battery management system with enhanced 24/7 cell monitoring
- Isolated power systems and 12 V system for running accessories
Power Tank Technology
Up to 317 km in the City
The Z-Force® Power Tank adds 2.8 kWh of power pack storage capacity to any 2014 or later Zero S or Zero SR. An optional accessory, the Power Tank can be added at any time during or after motorcycle purchase, bringing the maximum battery capacity to 15.9 kWh. With that much energy, you can travel up to 317 km in the city or 158 km on the highway at 113 km/h.
Revolutionary Z-Force® Motor
Up to 67 hp (50 kW), 144 Nm…and incredibly efficient
Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force® motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. It delivers exhilarating acceleration to a top speed of 164 km/h on the Zero SR. Completely air-cooled, the motor provides a fantastic riding experience, minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
Frame and Bodywork
Great to look at. Even better to ride.
Aircraft-grade aluminum is exclusively used in the construction of the twin spar frame. It is lightweight, strong and one of the main reasons that the motorcycles handle incredibly well. Designed to have a low center of gravity, the motorcycles are highly maneuverable and responsive. The refined appearance is completed with sleek bodywork with a contemporary, aggressive and naked look. The tank section of the bodywork features an integrated storage compartment that is both lockable and removable. The tank section can also be replaced with the Power Tank accessory for greater range or the Charge Tank accessory for faster charging.
The Magic Ride
Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
Bosch Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
The Zero S and Zero SR feature an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance, while a large 320 mm diameter carrier-less rotor increases stopping power.
- Advanced Bosch ABS is standard
- ABS can be switched on or off depending on rider preference
- Incredibly smooth actuation for greater control under extreme braking
- Large 320 mm diameter carrier-less front rotor increases stopping power
- Refined hydraulic ratios improve braking power and modulation
- Adjustable front brake lever for customizable ergonomics
Wheels and Tires
Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero S and Zero SR, providing great traction, excellent durability and road feel. The tires are mounted to stylish and durable cast alloy wheels.
- Stylish cast alloy wheels are equipped with a large carrier-less front rotor to reduce unsprung weight and increase stopping power
- The Zero S features high performance Pirelli Sport Demon tires combining excellent grip with long lasting mileage
- The Zero SR features softer compound Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires for even greater traction
Dash and Controls
The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles, using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear, to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- High-contrast blue backlit LCD screen features data that allows you to better understand your state of charge, see your current riding profile and view other useful riding information
- Ergonomic right-hand switch assembly with integrated switch to toggle on the fly between Sport, Eco and Custom riding modes
- Custom riding mode setting allows you to set your own performance profile (custom mode performance profile must be configured within the Zero Motorcycles App)
- High intensity headlight
- Keyed ignition switch and steering lock for improved security and peace of mind
- Beautifully designed and comfortable two-up seat
Zero Motorcycles App
Get Your Motorcycle Dialed
Using the Zero Motorcycles App, you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per kilometer, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices.
Direct Drive Gearing
Instant Torque With a Twist
Featuring clutchless direct drive, the Zero S and Zero SR are geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. With its higher output motor, the Zero SR takes advantage of taller gearing to achieve a top speed in excess of 160 km/h. Without ever needing to shift, both models provide controlled and powerful acceleration until you reach your desired speed. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain quiet and maintenance-free.