2014 Zero S, Zero DS, Zero SR & Zero FX Warranty Information
Zero Motorcycles Inc. ("Zero") warrants that all factory manufactured 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycles are free from defects in material and workmanship during the period of this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty covers parts, including the motor, motor controller, frame, swing arm, fork, rear shock, brake assemblies, wheels and electrical sub-assemblies, and approved Zero accessories installed at the time of purchase by an authorized Zero dealer.
This Limited Warranty also covers the following items, collectively referred to as “Power Packs”:
- ZF2.8 Power Pack Modules installed on the Zero FX. Should a ZF2.8 Power Pack be purchased to upgrade the capacity of a Zero FX ZF2.8 to ZF5.7 after the initial “in service date” of the host Zero motorcycle, the Power Pack warranty duration will match the remaining Power Pack warranty of the host Zero motorcycle.
- The Z-Force® Power Tank accessory that may be mounted in a Zero S/DS/SR model motorcycle. Should the Z-Force® Power Tank be purchased after the initial “in service date” of the host Zero motorcycle, the Z-Force® Power Tank’s warranty duration will match the remaining Power Pack warranty from the host Zero motorcycle.
- ZF8.5 and ZF11.4 Z-Force® Li-Ion Power Packs installed on the Zero S/DS/SR motorcycle.
This Limited Warranty covers all components of the Power Packs that are included as a part of the Z-Force® Power Pack or Power Tank, including the battery, integrated battery management system, internal wiring, and internal structures.
The duration of this Limited Warranty for 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycles, not including the Power Packs, is a period of 2 years from the original “in service date.”
Note: The “in service date” is the date that the authorized dealer performs a pre-delivery inspection (“PDI”) and delivers the motorcycle to the customer. In the event these events occur on different dates, the later date shall be the “in service date.”
The duration of this Limited Warranty for the Power Packs (not including the Power Pack’s outer case) is:
- 5 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the “in service date” for ZF2.8 Power Pack Modules on the Zero FX.
- Up to 5 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the “in service date” of the host 2014 Zero FX ZF2.8 motorcycle for the ZF2.8 Power Pack upgrade. If purchased after the host Power Pack warranty has expired, the additional Power Pack will receive the standard accessory warranty of 1 year from date of purchase.
- Up to 5 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the “in service date” of the host 2014 Zero S/DS/SR motorcycle for the Z-Force® Power Tank accessory. If purchased after the host Power Pack warranty has expired, the Power Tank will receive the standard warranty of 1 year from date of purchase.
- 5 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the “in service date” for the ZF8.5 and ZF11.4 Z-Force® Li-Ion Power Packs on the Zero S/DS/SR motorcycle.
The Power Pack’s outer case is not covered under the Power Pack Limited Warranty duration terms above. Instead, the Power Pack’s outer case is covered for a period of 2 years from its “in service date.”
This Limited Warranty applies to all original owners who submit the warranty registration card within the required time period as printed on the registration card.
This Limited Warranty may only be transferred to new owners with payment of a $50 processing fee and submission of a new registration card by the new owner. See Transfer Of Ownership And Warranty.
Due to the battery chemistry, there is a normal, expected reduction in range/capacity that Power Packs can yield over time and usage. Depending on use and storage conditions, Power Packs will degrade during the duration of this Limited Warranty period. Zero will only repair or replace pursuant to this Limited Warranty a Power Pack that exhibits a nominal storage capacity reduction of greater than 20% of the published nominal capacity, as measured by an authorized Zero dealer. To check the capacity of a Power Pack, an authorized Zero dealer can perform a battery management system log data extraction, which will confirm if a reduction is within expected norms.
Further, this Limited Warranty only covers 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycles or Power Packs/Power Tanks that are operated according to “proper use” and “under normal operating conditions.” For purposes of this exclusion, the following definitions apply:
- “Normal operating conditions” require routine care and maintenance of the 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycle and Power Packs as described in the Owner’s Manual.
- “Proper use” means only the use of a motorcycle in the manner intended for a rider and passenger on a 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX with proper safety equipment as described in the Owner’s Manual, in accordance with local regulations.
- “Proper use” also means charging the Power Pack after each use and storing it in a fully charged state, or recharging it every 30 days, or keeping it on the charger when in storage or not in regular use.
In addition, this Limited Warranty does not cover:
- The cost of parts and labor involved in any routine care and maintenance and/or the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, use, or deterioration, including but not limited to: tires, brake pads and rotors, fork seals, grips, foot pegs, and the seat;
- The replacement of fluids, unless their replacement is a necessary part of warranty service on a covered component;
- Wheels on off-road bikes once they have been ridden
- Any cosmetic concerns that arise as a result of environmental conditions, owner abuse, misuse, lack of routine care and maintenance, and/or improper use;
- Parts or components damaged by use or operation under abnormal circumstances or contrary to the requirements described in the Owner’s Manual.
- Zero motorcycles and Power Packs used for racing or other competitive events;
- Zero motorcycles and Power Packs misused or improperly operated;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by modifications or alterations to 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycles and/or Power Packs – including modifications or alterations performed by an authorized Zero dealer – that cause the Zero motorcycle or Power Pack to fail;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by aftermarket accessories installed on a Zero motorcycle or Power Pack after the “in service date,” or caused by aftermarket accessories installed by someone other than an authorized Zero dealer;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the improper repair of the motorcycle, installation of any parts or accessories not sold or approved by Zero, the installation and use of any parties or accessories that alter the motorcycle’s specifications from those set by Zero, or the use of new or used parts not approved by Zero;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by fire, collision, accident, or improper storage;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by continued operation of the motorcycle after a warning light, gauge reading, or other warning indicates a mechanical or operational problem;
- Motorcycles severely damaged or declared to be a total loss by an insurer, or motorcycles substantially reassembled from or repaired with parts obtained from another used motorcycle;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the failure to follow recommended maintenance requirements as set forth in the Owner’s Manual; and,
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by airborne industrial pollutants (e.g., acid rain), bird droppings, tree sap, stones, flood water, windstorms, or other similar occurrences;
Further, this Limited Warranty does not apply to Zero motorcycles or parts and accessories that are not imported or distributed by Zero.
The following additional limitations and disclaimers apply to this Limited Warranty:
- This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made in connection with the sale of this Zero Motorcycle model. Any implied warranty, including any warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the stated period of this written warranty. (Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
- Zero does not assume – or authorize any person to assume – any other obligation or liability on its behalf.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damages, including loss of value of the motorcycle, lost profits or earnings, out-of-pocket expenses for substitute transportation or lodging, expenses associated with returning the covered product to a authorized service facility or dealer, towing and/or roadside assistance expenses, expenses associated with returning the covered product back to its owner, mechanic’s travel time or communication charges, loss or damage to personal property, loss or time, or inconvenience. (Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.)
- Zero Motorcycles reserves the right to change or improve the design of any Zero motorcycle, Power Pack, or any other Zero parts (collectively, “Zero products”) at any time, without assuming any obligation to modify any Zero products previously manufactured or sold.
- The purchaser acknowledges that there is an inherent risk in the operation of motorcycles. This Limited Warranty does not cover - and Zero cannot assume responsibility for - any injury arising from the unsafe or improper operation of Zero products, or the user’s failure to comply with instructions, care and maintenance requirements, warnings, and safety precautions
- The original registered owner or subsequent registered transferee as documented on the Zero motorcycle warranty registration form is responsible for conveying the Owner’s Manual and all safety warnings, instructions, and Limited Warranty if the unit is sold, loaned, or otherwise transferred to another person.
As the owner of a product covered by this Limited Warranty, it is your responsibility to read and understand the Owner’s Manual, this Limited Warranty, and all product warnings before operating your Zero motorcycle. Serious injury or death can result from improper operation or failure to observe warnings and safety instructions on any motorcycle.
Further, it is also your responsibility to:
- Perform all recommended and necessary routine care and maintenance and engage in proper use of your Zero motorcycle and Power Pack as detailed in the Owner’s Manual.
- Learn and obey all federal, state, and local laws governing the operations of a motorcycle, generally, and an electric motorcycle, specifically.
- At all times when operating a Zero motorcycle wear proper safety equipment and clothing, including but not limited to helmet, goggles, and appropriate boots.
During the duration of this Limited Warranty, an authorized Zero dealer will repair or replace (at Zero’s discretion), without charge, any 2014 Zero S/DS/SR/FX motorcycle, Power Packs, or parts that are covered by this Limited Warranty and found by Zero or an authorized Zero dealer to be defective in factory materials or workmanship.
Warranty services may be obtained by contacting your local, authorized Zero Motorcycles dealer. Please refer to the dealer locator on our website (www.zeromotorcycles.com/locator/) for your nearest location.
In the event that a dealer is not in your state, province, or country, you can contact Zero Motorcycles Inc. directly at (888) 786-9376 (Americas, Asia and Oceania) or +31 (0) 72 5112014 (UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In any written or telephonic communication, please state the specific nature of any circumstances leading to the problem and include the VIN and odometer reading.
Zero Motorcycles Inc.
380 El Pueblo Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
UK, Europe, and global markets
Zero Motorcycles Europe
1723 HW Noord-Scharwoude
(U.S. and International Patents and Trademarks Pending)
Zero Motorcycles Inc.
Phone: (888) 786-9376
8am to 5pm Pacific Time
UK, Europe, and global markets
Zero Motorcycles Europe
Phone: +31 (0) 72 5112014
For updates and additional information about your motorcycle, visit the owner resources section of Zero Motorcycles website: www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/