Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack
The Zero FX features a fully modular power pack system. With slots for two power packs, you can operate the Zero FX with either one or both slots filled. The modules can be charged either on the motorcycle or elsewhere using optional accessories, giving you the ability to charge without a street-level outlet.
The Zero FX can be purchased with either one module (ZF2.8) or two modules (ZF5.7).
- Fully modular Z-Force® quick-swap technology allows you to swap power packs in seconds. You can also upgrade your motorcycle’s max capacity from 2.8 kWh to 5.7 kWh.
- Note: To upgrade a Zero FX ZF2.8 to a ZF5.7 (i.e. adding a second power pack) will most likely require an update of the vehicle’s registration documents. Please check with your local Vehicle Approval Authority for details.
- State-of-the-art power pack configuration and cell chemistry
- Cells last 2,500 full charge-discharge cycles before hitting 80% capacity, yielding as much as 158,000 miles on the original power pack
- Isolated power systems and 12 volt system for running accessories
- Modules can be fully removed from the motorcycle and transported to charge anywhere (this requires the purchase of a stand-alone Quick Charger and the Power Pack Module Charging Adapter)
- Module locking system for increased security and peace of mind
- Scalable off-board charging options available to reduce recharge times (see specs for details)
Revolutionary Z-Force® Motor
Thrilling acceleration with 70 ft-lbs. torque
The motor in the Zero FX is configured to produce incredible torque and sits inside the lightest motorcycle in the lineup. The result is thrilling acceleration. Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force® motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. Completely air-cooled, the motor is designed to provide a fantastic riding experience minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
Plug in at any standard outlet
The Zero FX charging system is integrated into the motorcycle and can be plugged in at any standard outlet. No additional equipment is required for standard charging. This allows you to conveniently charge in your garage, at the office or when you stop at one of your favorite places while enjoying a day out.
The Zero FX power pack modules can be removed from the motorcycle and charged separately using optional accessories. This makes it possible to charge the modules anywhere you take them and thereby eliminates the necessity of a street-level outlet. Charging times can be reduced by up to ~75% by using a scalable off-board charging system.*
*Requires optional accessories. Please see your Zero Motorcycles dealer.
Frame and Bodywork
Light Aircraft Grade Aluminum
At the core of the Zero FX lies the ultimate dirt bike frame that Zero engineered from the ground up and hand-crafted using aircraft grade aluminum. The resulting combination of lower weight and higher strength means more responsiveness. In the corners and off the line, this translates into greater acceleration. To make the frame even more durable, each frame is shot-peened and anodized.
Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
- Exceptionally smooth action for improved comfort and control
- Fully adjustable settings to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders
- Hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight
- Durable and highly protective fork guards
- Developed in close collaboration with Showa
Bosch Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
The Zero FX features an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance.
- Advanced Bosch ABS is standard
- ABS can be switched on or off depending on rider preference
- Incredibly smooth actuation for improved control under extreme braking
- Refined hydraulic ratios improve braking power and modulation
Wheels and Tires
Paved Road. Dirt Road. No Road.
Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero FX, providing improved traction in a wide variety of conditions, excellent durability and road feel. The Zero FX alloy wheels are designed to reduce unsprung weight while not compromising on strength.
Direct Drive Gearing
Instant torque with a twist
Featuring a clutchless direct drive, the Zero FX is geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. Without ever needing to shift, the Zero FX provides controlled and powerful acceleration at any speed between 0-85 mph. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain maintenance-free.
Dash and Controls
The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- High contrast and blue backlit LCD screen features data that allows you to better understand your state of charge, see your current riding profile and view other useful riding information
- Ergonomic right-hand switch assembly with integrated switch to toggle on the fly between Sport, Eco and Custom riding modes
- Custom riding mode setting allows you to set your own performance profile (custom mode performance profile must be configured within the Zero Motorcycles App)
- Projector beam headlights and integrated fly screen provide a refined and contemporary front profile
- Keyed ignition switch and steering lock for improved security and peace of mind
Zero Motorcycles App
Get your Motorcycle Dialed
Using the Zero Motorcycles App you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices. The app is available in English, German, French, Spanish and Dutch.
For more information, see the App User Guide.