EFFICIENT, CLEAN AND INEXPENSIVE
Clean. And getting Cleaner Every Year.
Zero Motorcycles’ 100% electric powertrain significantly reduces CO2 and noxious fumes emissions while also saving oil reserves. Regardless of any one personal or political reason, conserving oil and reducing tail pipe emissions offer a wide range of benefits. In fact, because the electrical grid is becoming increasingly efficient year after year, a Zero will become more energy efficient and cleaner with age. And for those who truly aspire to absolute energy independence or eliminating emissions, it is even possible to power a Zero using completely renewable energy sources. Regardless of where the energy comes from, there’s something very freeing about passing the gas station as the prices continue to hit new highs.
“Americans spend in excess of 100 hours commuting to work each year. For the nation as one, the average daily commute to work lasted about 24.3 minutes in 2003. A motorcycle or a scooter does not offer a lot of passenger room or storage space, but most get far better mileage than even a hybrid car and at a far cheaper price. Moreover, two wheelers have the added advantage of maneuverability to beat the rush hour traffic. With fuel prices skyrocketing, motorcycles and scooters can be a practical fuel-economy transportation option for the typical half hour drive to work.”
More than 50 studies and analyses conclude: fewer emissions from plug-in vehicles
- Plug-ins would provide carbon emissions reductions in 49 U.S. states, including some that are heavily dependent on coal.
- For a car – about a 70% reduction in emissions.
- For a motorcycle – over 90% reduction in emissions.
Cleaner Running Every Year
- As the electrical grid gets cleaner - plug-ins get even cleaner.
- Plug-in cars move emissions away from population centers.
- Output from a few thousand power plants is easier to control than 200 million vehicle tailpipes.